Pageviews last month

Publishers/ Authors

I would be pleased to review any books, whether they be advance copies or old ones. If you would like me to review a book, feel free to email me at ashley2055@gmail.com or leave a comment on any of my posts.

I will also do giveaways on merchandise if you would be interested in giving away copies of books or other items.

Thank you for your time and interest!


Ashley C. Nicole-2011. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

January 28, 2011

What Happened to Goodbye?




So, I'm guessing all the major Sarah Dessen fans, like myself, have already heard about her upcoming novel. For those of you who don't stalk the internet, waiting and waiting for a new book, I'll let you know now.


The title is 'What Happened to Goodbye' which goes with the overall theme of the book. Sarah Dessen has announced that the book should be out on May 10, 2011. We've still got some waiting to do, apparently. Below is the summary for the novel, which seems interesting and unique.


Since her parents' bitter divorce, Mclean and her dad, a restaurant consultant, have been on the move - four towns in two years. Estranged from her mother and her mother's new family, Mclean has followed her dad in leaving the unhappy past behind. And each new place gives her a chance to try out a new persona: from cheerleader to drama diva. But now, for the first time, Mclean discovers a desire to stay in one place and just be herself - whoever that is. Perhaps her neighbor Dave, an academic superstar trying to be just a regular guy, can help her find out. Combining Sarah Dessen's trademark graceful writing, great characters, and compelling storytelling, What Happened to Goodbye is irresistible reading.


I'm hoping for Dessen's common realistic, humourous writing, but I do love the romance she throws into the mix. The book will most likely be in hardcover, like the last two were. If you can't wait for the new book, then why not check out Sarah Dessen's short story, Infinity?

Go here to learn more about it:


1 comment:

  1. You know, I just noticed something. (Sorry to sound like I'm really familiar with you, it's just I like talking this way.) :D

    Okay,so,if you look at all the Sarah Dessen books, it's very realistic--like, you know, none of the supernatural thing going on--but she still adds in that unrealistic concept. I mean,sure, divorces make you move, but that one time where you'd LIKE to stay where you are? Sometimes, that DOESN'T happen. Also, she factors in that one guy who the main character likes. And it's that one guy whose somehow gotten in a tragic (or something like that) incident that makes him brooding, dark, and mysterious yet has that interest in the MC. Did you notice? 'Cause I did just by reading Along for the Ride and the summary to "What Happened to Good bye". And I'm sorry to be writing an insanely long comment. :)

    ReplyDelete