Pageviews last month

Publishers/ Authors

I would be pleased to review any books, whether they be advance copies or old ones. If you would like me to review a book, feel free to email me at ashley2055@gmail.com or leave a comment on any of my posts.

I will also do giveaways on merchandise if you would be interested in giving away copies of books or other items.

Thank you for your time and interest!


Ashley C. Nicole-2011. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

January 22, 2011

How Do I Decide if My Book Should Have a Sequel?

So, I have been struggling with this issue for awhile now. After some feedback from others, I know the answer to my own question. I think other writers deal with this problem, too.
Once my first novel is written and completed, how can I be sure if I want to write a sequel or not?

There are a few different questions you need to ask yourself before you write your sequel. First, is there enough to even have a sequel? Will there be a suitable problem that can still relate back to book one without making the two books too alike? You need to make sure that you don't just write a sequel full of ramblings. That's what blogs are for! xD

If you feel that you can write a second book, you need to think of where to start. If your first book had an epilogue, it may be harder to write the second one, but not entirely impossible. You should usually start the sequel a little after the first book, but not too far. You want the reader to still feel that connection to the characters and storyline.

So, step back and view your first novel. If you were the reader, would you want another book, or would you be ready to move on? Think about that and what was mentioned above before you put your time and effort into a sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment