Pageviews last month

Publishers/ Authors

I would be pleased to review any books, whether they be advance copies or old ones. If you would like me to review a book, feel free to email me at ashley2055@gmail.com or leave a comment on any of my posts.

I will also do giveaways on merchandise if you would be interested in giving away copies of books or other items.

Thank you for your time and interest!


Ashley C. Nicole-2011. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

January 22, 2011

The Lost Hero: Book Review

I recently finished reading the new book, The Lost Hero, by Rick Riordan. The book is the first book in the series, The Heroes of Olympus. The series is a Percy Jackson spin-off, so if you didn't read the original series, some things are a little confusing. I hadn't read the Percy Jackson books, so I was asking my friend who did a lot of questions. Still, The Lost Hero is a great book!

The book focused on Jason Grace, Piper McLean and Leo Valdez who all their own problems that are introduced in the beginning of the book. Jason can't remember who he is or where he came from. Piper's movie star dad is being held captive by a giant. Leo lost his mother to his own power.

Characters: The characters were strong, and really well developed. I don't want to give away their godly parents, but I felt this book was a really good read because the characters all had such strong emotions.

Plot/Storyline: As usual, Rick Riordan crafted a magical world of Greek, and even a little Roman, mythology. There was action, adventure, romance and humor in this book. I even learned more about the Greek gods!

Overall: I loved loved loved this book! It had everything a great book should. It did end on somewhat of a cliffhanger, but I'm hopeful the second book will be just as good. If you're a fan of Greek or Roman mythology, Percy Jackson and the Olympians or anything that grabs your heart, you have got to read The Lost Hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment