Pageviews last month

Publishers/ Authors

I would be pleased to review any books, whether they be advance copies or old ones. If you would like me to review a book, feel free to email me at ashley2055@gmail.com or leave a comment on any of my posts.

I will also do giveaways on merchandise if you would be interested in giving away copies of books or other items.

Thank you for your time and interest!


Ashley C. Nicole-2011. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

June 1, 2011

You've Gotta Be Strong

So, the end of my eighth grade year is approaching quickly. It's been as chaotic as it's been fun, which means I'll have mixed emotions when I finally do leave the hell hole I called home for so many years. (Who knew they even had kindergarten through eighth grade schools anymore?)

Anyway, I've been dealing with drama lately. Boy drama, school drama, suicide-thoughts drama. But none of them were actually about me, you know. Well, maybe a little of the school/boy, but no suicidal thoughts for me, dearies :D I've been consoling and helping and holding people up all week.
And I've realized something through all of this. Something that I feel I should share with my lovely followers who deserve a hug and a virtual pound of fudge.

No matter how worthless life seems or how crappy things are, you've got to pull through. I don't care if you hate your family or the school thinks you're a whore. I don't care if you want to kill yourself or your boyfriend cheats on you. I don't care, because nothing is worse than ending things right before the sun comes back.
I was with a girl on Friday who broke down crying so much that she couldn't even keep walking, and she was so, so broken. But you know what? Ten minutes later, someone got her to smile. Someone got her to laugh and hold her head up high.

What is all this random rambling, you ask? This is the rambling of a writer, of a girl, of a teenager, of a friend, of a sister. The message I'm trying to show you all: Don't give up. Whether it's getting a novel published or living your life, do not give up. There is always something to look forward to if you just keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment