Pageviews last month

Publishers/ Authors

I would be pleased to review any books, whether they be advance copies or old ones. If you would like me to review a book, feel free to email me at ashley2055@gmail.com or leave a comment on any of my posts.

I will also do giveaways on merchandise if you would be interested in giving away copies of books or other items.

Thank you for your time and interest!


Ashley C. Nicole-2011. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

June 3, 2011

No, the party never stops . . . woah



Tonight is my eighth grade dinner dance/formal, whatever you wanna call it. I've got my hair drying in a towel, and I just returned from getting a mani and pedi :) While I wait for my hair to dry and the dance to arrive, I decided I'll post another little confidence booster of sorts. I'm hoping these little guys help some of you out there.


In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost



See that quote? Robert Frost was right; no matter what happens or how many things tear your life apart and break you down, your life will go on. You will make it through, and nothing is going to stop you from being you. I know, once upon a dreadful time, there were tons of places where people weren't allowed to be themselves, and they weren't allowed to speak up and stand out.




The world's a changing place, though. Maybe you don't live in the USA, like I do. Maybe you live in China or Cuba or Argentina. I don't know, and frankly, I don't have the time to stalk my thirteen followers and find out where all of them live.




I know there will always be people and leaders that try to keep others silenced. There will always be those who feel superior and try to make you feel like you're inferior. But you're not. To feel inferior or worthless or hopeless or anything, you must allow yourself to feel that way. You must give your mind, body and soul permission to think those things and treat yourself that way.




So, why treat yourself like you're worthless? Or helpless? Or stupid? Everyone has something special to give to the world; we all have a hidden talent, no matter how old or young, girl or boy, black or white. It doesn't matter. We are all human beings and we all have the power to voice our opinions.




I'm not saying to start a riot or try to assassinate the president. Those are very negative things, my dears. People who consider those types of things need to seek mental help, immedietely. What Frost was trying to say, as well as I, is that life will always go on, no matter what happens to you. So, if something bad happens to you, don't stand there and let it eat at you and destroy you, because your life will go on and you can't let that continue to happen.




Stand up for your beliefs. Stand up for others. Stand up for yourself.







Well, it's time I go and get ready, everybody. I hope you liked my little speech there. Kinda confusing, emotional and weird, but hey, if it helps anyone out there, I'll be satisfied. Wish me luck, fellow bloggers and followers!





No comments:

Post a Comment