Pageviews last month

Publishers/ Authors

I would be pleased to review any books, whether they be advance copies or old ones. If you would like me to review a book, feel free to email me at ashley2055@gmail.com or leave a comment on any of my posts.

I will also do giveaways on merchandise if you would be interested in giving away copies of books or other items.

Thank you for your time and interest!


Ashley C. Nicole-2011. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

June 22, 2011

Delirium







Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.


"I love you. Remember. They cannot take it."

That quote is possibly the quote for the entire book. I've never been so enticed with a book, so determined to keep reading, keep learning. I have no idea whatsoever how I'll wait until the next book comes out. It'll take a SWAT team to hold me down when it goes into stores.

Characters: I loved Lena as the story-teller. She reminded me of myself, with how paranoid she can be or how nervous. Lena really matured during the story in different ways, and I think it added to the reality of it all for teenagers and younger adults. Alex was mysterious and such a great character. I would say more, but it could give away too much. I loved Lena's family and friends, because they were all so different and had such a great impact on Lena, as a person and the way she lived.

Plot/storyline: This story was really original, and I loved how much work went into the backstory and how the world came to be like it was. The Wilds sounded so amazing. It made me wonder . . . is love a curse, or a gift? Or could it be both?

Overall: I loved it. L-O-V-E. I loved the book about love being a curse. Aren't I a hypocrite? The ending was phenomenal, and I can't wait for the sequel! Keep your eyes peeled, bloggers. This book will not escape the public without a bow.

"Love: It will kill you and save you, both"

No comments:

Post a Comment