Pageviews last month

Publishers/ Authors

I would be pleased to review any books, whether they be advance copies or old ones. If you would like me to review a book, feel free to email me at ashley2055@gmail.com or leave a comment on any of my posts.

I will also do giveaways on merchandise if you would be interested in giving away copies of books or other items.

Thank you for your time and interest!


Ashley C. Nicole-2011. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

December 23, 2011

Holiday Cheer and a Happy New Year

I know it’s been a bit since my last post, and I greatly apologize. My English teacher swamped us with a Shakespeare project, and while I was desperately hoping for something like this:tumblr_lusawy33Fo1qhrjqn_large

I was left to fend for myself. I did manage to finish it and turn it in, though! I’m anxiously waiting for my grade, seeing as it decides whether or not I pass this quarter. In other good English news, I received an A on a vocab quiz today that I forgot to study for until this morning. (Don’t blame me; it’s the day before break!)

tumblr_lwc3cojO4G1qa2br0o1_500_large

My post isn’t to ramble about my life as a freshman though. It’s actually to bring up a picture I found today on the fabulous site, weheartit.com. This picture really got me thinking, and I think it’s good to think. If you don’t, your brain might just shut off and stop working. All right, that’s unlikely, but you never know, right?

So, yes, I know it’s technically not a picture. It’s more of a quote, but still. If you had the chance to redo this year, would you? Honestly, I don’t know my answer. I think it depends on the decisions we made this year, and how we feel about them. If I had been given the chance to redo 2010, I probably would have taken it in a heartbeat. Not to really redo everything, but just to see it  from a new perspective and see where everything changed.

I can’t say much on the quote, though, because it’s honestly just something to get you thinking. Though, I do want to wish you all a happy new year, whether the clock ticks over to 2012, 2011, or 2056. We can all hope for a better year, can’t we? Even if your year was great, the world could use a little bit of hope in general.

391783_10150457513056728_672706727_8606463_1494493390_n_large

On New Year’s Eve this year, go out and have fun. Live up the last few hours of your 2011 so that when 2012 does roll around, you’re ready. Accept this year for all that’s it been and whatever it lacked, and just let it go. Holding onto the past only keeps us from embracing the future.

Here’s to hope, happiness and a delicious Christmas! Happy Holidays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment