April 17, 2011
I'm happy today :)
So, I'm guessing my twelve followers (spread the word, guys! I promise I'll be doing more book reviews and such as soon as I finish up my school projects and whatnot) saw my last post about Leigh Fallon's ARCs (Advance Reader's Copy) of her book, The Carrier of the Mark. When I posted that video to show you all more about publishing and how a book goes through many stages, I entered a contest on inkpop.com as well. It was a random drawing, and I won! So I'll be getting my own copy of the Carrier of The Mark before it hits stores. Maybe I'll even do a special review for all of you. ;) In other news, I had to do a book report for my reading class, and seeing as my school doesn't get spring break, it's been pretty hectic lately. I was going to review 'The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn' by Mark Twain (A.K.A. Samuel Clemens) but, honestly, I just couldn't get through the book. It had an intriguing storyline and I really liked the characters, but there was just too much dialect (racial terms and just the way Twain abbreviated so much with the use of an apostrephe) that I couldn't read it. All bashing aside, it did have a good storyline and I hope to return to it one day when it's not required reading, because that puts too much pressure on it, I think. If you're looking for a good book to read, I reccommend 'A Farewell to Arms' by Ernet Hemingway. My friend read the book for her report, and she enjoyed it. I think I'll check it out one of these days and see why she called it 'a sad, but really touching love story'. Adios fellow bloggers! I must go and try to find some medicine to clear up this cold I've gotten :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Enjoy reading! Let me know how you get on!!
ReplyDeleteLeigh